Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summa Is Heah!

Oh my goodness folks, summer has come in with a bang!  It has been in the 60's for the last 4-5 days, and today it hit 95 degrees in the blueberry barrens! I was going to take photos today of garden growth, development of chicks, and let the bunnies run around in the grass.  At nine this morning it was 80 degrees and plans were changed!

Fresh water has been given to all of the animals throughout the day, bunnies stretched out and laid as still as possible, chicks still peeped and ran around (played in the waterers all day,) and dogs laid in front of the air conditioner and fans, and only showed life when nature called.

Pole beans and pumpkins jumped out of their slumber and shot up about and inch, peas are steadily growing at a couple of inches a day!

I would like to think that I would be able do follow through with my plans tomorrow, but the same hot and wicked humid weatha is forecasted for tomorrow as well.  I am just waiting for one rocking thunder and lightening show to happen!

So, all I can do is report on yesterdays activities, here you go:

Here are a couple of pics of bunnies out of there regular cages (which were being cleaned,) and awaiting their turns to be groomed!

We have decided on the name Leo Petit for the white bunny!  After my grandfather, he makes me laugh, can be a little pushy with his brother to get his own way, and loves a good meal!  Leo Petit, and Felix are growing boys, and when they are out of food, they through the feeder around and thump! Hay is gone in the wink of an eye as well!


This is Felix's coat up close, it is tri-colored!!! We will see if the first color is just baby fur and a one time only deal or if it continues to change.  As you can see from about Felix's ears are gray.  I have also seen bunnies that have different colors alternate between gray and taupe as well, I wonder if he may be one of them!


Shanti loved getting out of her cage, and running about on the grass.  She hopped around for a good 10-15 minutes before slowing down, then started to climb the sides to see if she could get out!


Shanti settles right down when she is held close, and even allowed me to pick a couple of mats out of her coat, behind her ears, with very little fuss!  She is so excited to see me come to her cage everyday, get out, and get hugs and pets!  She does not like having to go back in the cage!  So, I come get her as often as I can!


Here, in the direct sunlight, you can see how Shanti's coat is getting lighter, and that white is coming in underneath, this is going to make one beautiful, light, gray fiber!


Well folks stay cool! Hope to be able to document some more very soon!

I will end with a quote that struck my fancy today:

"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." ~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Your bunnies are gorgeous and I loved that quote, so true! Hope the weather cools a bit for you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete