Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting a Bit Greener

"Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help.  Gardening is an instrument of grace." ~ May Sarton

The garden was finally put in completely a couple of weeks ago, I have been anxiously awaiting green to start appearing in nice little rows where only soil once was.  And things are sprouting, and growing in good fashion!

Peas were planted early!

Looks like I may actually be able to eat some on the 4th of July!

Sunflower in progress, reseeded from last year.

Zucchini! 

Pumpkins!

Pole Beans, going to have to put polls in quickly!

I should have learned from last years lettuce debacle that when given a seed packet to my daughter, it will end up in a "line" and all seeds will be used immediately, I hope that there are many of you out there that will help with our radish issue this year!

The weather continues to go between, hot and humid, leading to thunderstorms, cooling off and continuing to rain, then building up to hot and humid again.  I see a lot of growth happening quickly, and a lot of weeding in my future!

"A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows." ~ Doug Larson

"A good garden may have some weeds." ~ Thomas Fuller

5 comments:

  1. You have quite the garden! I wish we would have gotten moved into our house sooner so we could have planted some stuff. Too much other stuff to worry about! Good luck with those radishes too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I really enjoy getting my hands into the earth! There are always herbs to grow in Mason jars that would go lovely in all of those wonderful recipes! :)

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is small, but very grounding, and can yield quite a bit!

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks lovely and soon to be very productive. My boys would have snaffled those peas by now and would help you with the radishes if they lived closer :-)

    ReplyDelete