Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Meandering Thoughts

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." ~ James Dent

Summer is  definitely here!  93 degrees yesterday, humidity through the roof, and an afternoon rain shower to cool things off by about 20 degrees.  This morning sunny skies with wispy clouds, and the humidity is at bay for now.


The combination of heat and rain means that I should mow the lawn today, but it is too nice, and I enjoyed a morning walk instead.  It gave me some much needed reconnection to nature, as I found myself seeing birds and wild flowers I had yet to take notice of this summer.  There is fantastic amount of natural beauty that surrounds our dwelling!!!

Here are Wild Valerian (they have a thick smell like lilacs, but are much sweeter!) springing up through some Sea Roses,


A lone Black-Eyed Susan beneath a Spruce Tree,


The road outside my front door is lined with Sea Roses as well,


And across the street is all Blueberry land as far as the eye can see...these fields were full of tiny, white flowers (and thousands of bees) earlier this spring, they will be blue with fruit by the end of the summer, and in the autumn will turn red as the leaves on the trees show true colors as well.


This is the current view from my home office/craft room!

I had planned on doing a little more writing this morning, but nature is calling me back outside to rejuvenate my soul, and marvel in its wonder!

Namaste`

1 comment:

  1. Your space looks so pretty, cant wait to see all the ripe berries :-)

    ReplyDelete